To see if you, a family member, or a friend may be experiencing some degree of hearing loss, consider the following questions.
- Has a loved one suggested you may have hearing loss?
- Do people complain that your TV volume is too loud?
- Do you have trouble hearing over background noise?
- Do you have difficulty hearing on the phone?
- Do you ever struggle to understand what people say?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you often feel like people are mumbling?
- Do you sometimes respond inappropriately because you misunderstand what someone says?
- Do you have a hard time understanding women and children when they talk?
- Do you avoid social gatherings and group events?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s a smart move to see a hearing doctor. You’ll get expert advice and treatment options. Better yet, you’ll reawaken to the pieces of life you’ve been missing.